On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:16:25 PST Skip Tavakkolian <skip.tavakkol...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> if the intent is to get a full understanding of what an operational
> Plan 9 environment is like, using VMware or Qemu to create VM's for
> various roles (auth/cpu, fs, term) connected by a virtual network is
> an excellent option. i've successfully used this setup for
> experimenting/testing and for demos.

Would be nice if there was a script that did this.

In a past company we had added an ability to create virtual
hosts (each with its own network stack + interfaces) and
virtual nets to our version of FreeBSD.  A grad student
modified a gui program to draw network topologies and
generate a shell script from it to set up these nodes and
nets on a single FreeBSD box.  We did the opposite of what
Sun was touting. "The computer is the network" :-)