On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 11:01 AM,  <kokam...@hera.eonet.ne.jp> wrote:
> I'm a bit cinfusing...
>
> There is a flag (GPOS=plan9) to ebnable plan9 os in the standard Go
> dsitribution.
> How the patches you posted here now and before are related to that flag.
> I suppose the original plan9 flag is for plan9port.
> Am I correct?
>
> That plan9 flag works for plan9port?
> Then how I can use it on my linux box with plan9port.
>
> Kenji

Setting GOOS=plan9 when using the main Go distribution (and linking
with symbols stripped 8l -s) will compile to native plan 9 binaries.
They assume a stack layout that is not correct when running on 9vx as
Anthony points out.

The patch I posted is to replace the hard coded values with relative
offsets from _tos, so the binaries will run both in 9vx and on a
native install of plan 9.

Previously I posted a patch for syscall and os Go packages against the
Go distribution to allow writing code that can actually do something
useful besides println.

I'm not sure what you mean by using these with plan9port...

Pavel