On Wed Feb  2 05:04:07 EST 2011, nyanhtoo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, Running plan 9 on virtual box 4.0.2, I've configured network
> adaptaters as below.
> Attached to NAT
> Adapter type: PCnet-FAST 3(Am79C973)
> check cable connected.
>
> After booting plan 9, I typed ip/ipconfig, after waiting some time,
> ipconfig: no success with DHCP.
> I don't know what's wrong??
> Please help.

virtualbox is finicky and what works depends a lot on the
version of vb and it seems to depend on your own hardware.

the 79c973 driver doesn't track link state currently, so there's
limited ways i can think of to remotely help.  did you happen
to see a message that looks like this on the console?

                print("#l%d: unknown PCnet card version 0x%.7ux\n",
                        ether->ctlrno, x&0xFFFFFFF);

can you verify a /net/ether0 exists?  if the answers are no and yes,
then it might be worth running snoopy in another window
to verify that you can see any packets.

you might also try another emulated chipset.