Tristan Plumb <9p...@imu.li> writes:

>> Anyone working on or have a simple SIP router/proxy for Plan9?  As of
>> today I will no longer waste days of my life dealing with the
>> abomination that is Asterisk.
> I would also love to see a SIP implementation for Plan 9, I've

Here here!  I'd also love to see SIP on Plan 9.  I've been considering
trying to run Asterisk under linuxemu.  However a more elegant solution
(i.e., just about anything) would be much preferable!

> That said, I've thought a good bit about a sensible way to implement a
> SIP proxy, and I'll be thinking about it a good bit more now...

Would it make sense, perhaps, to start with an IAX2 proxy?  There is
only one (maybe two?) RFCs for IAX2, and it's much more NAT-friendly
than SIP.  AFAIK, P9 doesn't have a VoIP infrastructure, yet.  It might
be easier to prototype a VoIPfs (or whatnot) around IAX2 than SIP.
Then, with the basic VoIP scaffolding already in place, maybe the
mountain of SIP RFCs could be tackled a bit more easily.