I was outside watering plants this morning that seem to be proof of my
"not-so-green thumb" I have for gardening and was thinking of an interesting
home-automation use for Plan 9.

What I'd like to do is get the following:

1. Moisture sensor I can embed in some potted plant soil, and read from Plan
9.
2. Tubing.
3. Pump I can control from Plan 9 based on moisture feedback.
4. Perhaps a rain bucket water source.

Anyone else using Plan 9 for automated gardening?  I was thinking this could
be the use for Plan 9 on my guruplug.

Any ideas how best to achieve this?  If some stuff isn't supported by Plan
9, I'm willing to investigate the writing of drivers to make it work
properly.

Just trying to find new ways to be lazy I suppose.

Dave