On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:25:29 -0700, Bakul Shah wrote:
May be an Arduino to measure the resistance and control a
relay to power a solenoid valve? May be it can talk 9p.

That said, I am very interested in an el-cheapo building block
that talks 9p over USB and can connect to various sensor
inputs, D2A and PWM outputs to control steppers etc. It should
mostly sleep to conserve power. Even nicer if it can be
wireless. el-cheapo == under $10 in small quantities!

If you do get a 9p stack working on the Arduino let me know. If/when you do I'll offer to contribute some stepper code that properly deals with motor accel/decel, speed limiting, etc. I may even port a runtime polymorphic RS274* (g-code) interpreter I wrote a decade ago for it. That would be fun to get a 9p sensor platform up and running.

  EBo --