* Jens Staal <staal1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I believe that a Plan9 target for a cross compiler might
> be more interesting. GCC already added support for the Plan9 dialect
> of C. If it also could be made to compile Plan9 binaries, it could be
> used for an alternative self-hosting distro as the one you envisaged.

ACK. If, lets say, crosstool-NG could produce an GCC-alike (not necessarily
GCC itself, but supporting the same command line interfaces) cross-toolchain
for native Plan9 and p9p, that would be a *big* help. Perhaps even extend
the autohell to support it.

On the other hand, we could also port plan9's make to GNU natively.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weig...@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666