* Lucio De Re <lu...@proxima.alt.za> wrote:

Hi,

> If the cloud were to be a mere repository of (encrypted) Venti blocks,
> wouldn't it be a very useful tool?

Actually, I already had been doing some works in that area.
Not actually venti, but a some bit similar object store,
which supports some kind of distribute gc, etc.
(yet just unfinished code fragments, didnt have the time to
do anything useful yet).

> In fact, how do we know that Al Qaeda are not already storing and
> distributing all their plans for nuking New York on line as
> steganographically encrypted Venti blocks on porno sites?

They don't need to, Langley and DOD have enough datacenters around
the world ...

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weig...@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666