On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 14:05:00 PST ron minnich <rminn...@gmail.com>  wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Bakul Shah <ba...@bitblocks.com> wrote:
>
> > But I am not a fan of Wikis. Usually a wiki ends up being an
> > unstructured collection of useful facts that can go stale as
> > it takes a lot of effort to keep it organized.
>
> Would be interesting if every wiki entry came with an expiration date,
> and entries just went away or no longer appeared. So much of what I
> find on wikis is completely wrong any more.

A wiki is fine for something like an encyclopedia which is
basically a collection of loosely coupled information, or as a
corkboard of research notes.

A handbook can start out organized.  Everything can be put in
its proper place, easy to parallelize the effort and reorg is
easy (mostly just metadata reorg -- in wiki you will have to
do cut-n-paste between pages). See the online FreeBSD handbook
for an example.