Hello all.

I just lately installed Plan 9, but the stock system is built for
32-bit x86, and I have an amd64 computer.

I found this diff: http://9legacy.org/9legacy/patch/nix.diff
which seems to have all needed system libraries, and its own kernel,
but the kernel seems to lack basic functionality, such as graphics and
mouse, and I can't find the local bootloader for it — the stock
bootloader chokes with message "bad kernel format", and on the nix web
site it says only to build pxe bootloader, which is not what I need.
It seems that nix is meant for cpu servers, not terminals. I need, if
my ken of 9jargon is not wrong, a terminal kernel.

In an earlier thread, "9vx instability", F. J. Ballesteros said this:
"Jim, Charles, and others made an excellent port for amd64 ... We used
that as a starting point for nix."
Is this the legendary amd64 port? Is it available?

I feel a bit lost. In the documentation, the authours emphasize its
portability, yet to actually build for another architecture seems
quite a bother, regrettably, since I was quite enthusiastic to use it
as my primary system.

Anyhow, I would be glad of any pointers to an amd64 port or
instructions to do same.

Cheers,
strake