> I just activated my Kindle.  I mailed myself the PDF of
> gawk.1 (of course).
> At fit-to-screen it's too small, but rotated and increased
> size it's better.
>
> As an emergency place to keep the Plan 9 manuals, it sure
> beats lugging
> around all that paper. :-)  I'll be experimenting some
> more.

I've done some fiddling with the ms macros to add Kindle
support.  What I have is:

 .      \" Override page/font parameters for Kindle
 .if '\nK'1' \{\
 .nr PS 7
 .nr VS 8
 .nr LL 3i
 .nr TL 3i
 .nr PD 0
 .nr PI 3n
 .nr PO 0.1i
 .po 0.1i
 .nr HM 0.1i
 .nr FM 0.1i
 .ds LH
 .ds CH
 .ds RH
 .ds LF
 .ds CF
 .ds RF
 .pl 4i
 .tl
 \}
 .el \{\
 .po 1.25i
 .nr PO 1.25i
 \}

You activate Kindle formatting by setting the K register
to 1.  The biggest issue I've run into are tables and
figures that need the space of a larger page.  As for
man pages, There's already a register (s) you can set
to 1 to get it format for 9" pages.  That does improve
things a bit in portrait orientation scaled to fit the
screen.

Those might at least give you a good starting point.

BLS