Greetings.

On Tue, 15 May 2012 14:42:52 +0200 Charles Forsyth <charles.fors...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> No, I don't think anything has ever been as concrete as that. Dreams,
> perhaps.
> We could share our dreams, I suppose. Really, we just make it up as we go
> along, I think.

There  was  a  need to provide a real »Plan 9 project« somewhere. 9front
does provide this in the best way. Of course it is fueled by the cultur‐
al values the cynism of the Plan 9 niche.

On  the  other side the (now two!) Nixes, 9atom, Plan 9 from (corporate)
Bell Labs are either too academic or dead. They are only fueled  by  the
business   or  academic positions  of persons in the specific subgroups.
I can’t imagine 9fronters to work under the iron  fist  of  the  quality
rulers  in  Nix.  But I can’t imagine the Nixers to give up control over
their code review[0].

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann

[0] http://9front.org/img/9codereview01.png