On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:43:15 -0700
David Romano <un...@cpan.org> wrote:

> I suppose that's the double-edged sword with having the dynamic capabilities
> of bind(1).

In practice it's not much of a problem. /lib/namespace takes care of
the globally-persistant binds such as bind /$cputype/bin /bin and even
things like bind -c #e /env. $home/lib/profile takes care of per-user
binds including /tmp. These are the binds from my lib/profile which is
mostly a standard 9front one:

bind -b $home/bin/rc /bin
bind -b $home/bin/$cputype /bin
mount -qC /srv/cwfs /n/other other
bind -qc /n/other/usr/$user/tmp $home/tmp
bind -c $home/tmp /tmp
if(! syscall create /tmp/xxx 1 0666 >[2]/dev/null)
        ramfs   # in case we're running off a cd

Note the first 2 which are conventional Plan 9, you would expect those
to be there on any Plan 9 box. The two binds for tmp are no different.
(Yes, $home/tmp is normally bound to /tmp.)