The fedex command (like ups and usps) work by scraping the HTML on the
public web site. That changes fairly often, and fedex & co need updates each
time. It's not terribly difficult, but it's tedious and frequent. I end up
tweaking
these about every other time I want to track a package.

Most (all?) such places provide actual RESTish APIs to use, but those require
(generally free) keys/accounts. After my last round of tweaking fedex I took a
stab at rewriting it to use those, but stalled.