Seems like after all there is a dependency hell for windows, too. It's
a slower, but more thorough kind of cancer. Trying to download an
older version of opera (opera 9 works) with internet explorer 5 is
impossible because of web standards. The windows update web site
creates a redirection loop. IE does no not even try to render some
sites, instead there's a neat error popup. The shitty graphic card
can't do 1600x1200. Lots of Installers of modern software use
functions which are not available in win98's dlls (even though the
program itself would possibly run fine).
I successfully installed Half-Life, but it has been patched too far so
support the feature I'm seeking out.

This is what only runs on windows 98 and why I'm going through all the
mess: http://toni.org/a3d/

"flame.exe is an executable file. For security reasons, Google Mail
does not allow you to send this type of file." - oh may