On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM, erik quanstrom <quans...@quanstro.net>wrote:

> On Mon Oct 29 19:06:41 EDT 2012, ba...@bitblocks.com wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 22:47:02 -0000 Charles Forsyth <
> charles.fors...@gmail.com>  wrote:
> > >
> > > He can fool it once, but can he fool it twice? Can he recompile?
> >
> > Why not.  Compilers never get wise to the ways of sneaky programmers!
>
> feedback-based optimization.
>
> - erik

Call me crazy, but I always felt compilers were there to emit code that
reflected what I wrote, not what it thinks it can do a better job writing
for me.  People complain that Go is not a good systems language due to the
garbage collector.  Maybe C isn't a good language due to all the places
where optimizers are allowed to break code.