> C++ and java feel highly inconsistent and are full of stupid busywork
> and strange programming philosophies that you have to "learn" about,

Chances are Go would not be what it is, if it was anything at all,
without the mistakes of C++ and Java (the latter are a mystery to me I
am not even remotely interested in unravelling - but I'm lucky that
way).

For what that's worth.  I enjoy the facility with which bugs are
identified and often even avoided in Go, I'm not as keen on the
"Program development by progressive approximation" development
technique I seem to have fallen into :-)

++L