On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 13:38:09 CST Chris Wilson <christopher.j.wil...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Richard Miller wrote:
>
> >> Do you have
> >> some sort of site where I would be able to find out when you upload new
> >> images?
> >
> > Nothing formal - you can check the modified date of the image file in
> > /n/sources/contrib/miller to see if it's changed.  The official install
> > and update mechanism for Plan 9 at present is a bit x86 dependent.
> > Eventually I hope arm systems in general will become more integrated.
>
> If there is anything that myself, fairly noobish that I am, can do to help,
> let me know. Great work on the Pi image! I've been loving it.

Not sure this is for newbies but...

contrib/* doesn't distinguish between archs.  One suggestion
is to enhance contrib/*. Probably best for the contrib author
to do this (or provide directions) but I am thinking something
along these lines:

- when installing or pulling changes, build things locally if
  $objtype specific binaries don't exist in the package.  And
  don't pull binaries for other archs (unless explicitly asked
  for).

- when creating or pushing changes, try to push binaries for
  all the archs locallly (cross) compiled.

- when listing don't show packages known to be broken for
  $objtype arch. Probably best to add config/broken and
  config/fixed.