In my porting of stuff using APE, I often notice that many applications
assume more members of the struct stat in sys/stat.h, especially
st_blocksize. Is there any reasonable similar information available
elsewhere in the system that could be used in a local "rpl_stat" struct for
those ports?

other annoying stuff are normally related to malloc/alloca and sys/mtio.h
stdint.h is normally easily just redirected to inttypes.h and stdbool.h can
also easily included.