On Thursday, 4 April 2013 18:47:12 UTC+2, a...@9srv.net  wrote:
> I have not tried this, but I suspect that if you change
>
> w->tagexpand to FALSE in /src/cmd/acme/wind.c:/^wininit
>
> and recompile, you'll get the Plan 9 behavior. The code
>
> paths are still a bit different, but on cursory examination it
>
> looks like that'll give you what you want.
>

> Anthony

I've now set w->tagexpand or t->w->tagepand to FALSE, and commented
out subsequent statements, in three files: rows.c, text.c, and
wind.c, and now it works as desired.

I should add an option to acme and submit a patch: the multiline tag
is clearly something that pleases some and annoys others.

Mark.