On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM,  <s...@9front.org> wrote:
>>> It's a matter of taste, but I prefer the sharpness of the 1 bit fonts. The
>>> gray,
>>> fuzzy stuff eventually takes a toll on my eyes.
>>
>> s/taste/eyesight/, perhaps?
>
> Perhaps, but I like to think differences of opinion don't necessarily
> indicate physical disability.
>
> sl

When I began using acme, sam, 9term, I much cared about ttf fonts. But
I, too, have come to prefer the sharpness of the 1 bit fonts.

Perhaps a case of acquisition of a taste catalysed by decreasing eyesight.

Now I usually start acme from standard 9term with
acme -f $font
so it uses lucm/unicode.9.font (this on a 27" 1920x1080 screen).

Mark.