> I just want to say it makes me feel better to see someone is trying
> to improve Mail. I've been using Mail for some time in parallel with
> the gmail web interface. (Basically, I prefer to write an email within
> acme [full text editor with undo etc.], but searching for a conversation
> is just simpler in the web interface. Also, it happens to me from time
> to time, that email is not actually sent from within acme (due to some
> lost connection, stunnel, ...), so I nearly always check the situation
> with the web interface).

not sure if this applies to p9p, but ned (mail with no arguments on plan 9)
is really good for finding stuff.
        g/sender/h
is typically enough to find mail from a particular person.
and there are other options that search particular header fields, or the body.
i prefer the unix-style interface to search boxes.

unfortunately the results of a search are not themselves a mailbox.