> > 0.6.0 disk 01.01.8a 10de/03ec 0 4:0000ffa1 16 0.8.0 disk 01.01.85
> > 10de/03f6 5 0:0000d401 16 1:0000d081 16 2:0000d001 16 3:0000cc01 16
> > 4:0000c881 16 5:deefc000 4096
> >
> > But I have no idea what does it means.  I hope you will know.
>
> i do.  this is an nvidia sata part, which is not currently supported
> by plan 9.
>
> > > the usb installer is here
> > >
> > >   http://ftp.9atom.org/other/+usbinstamd64.bz2
> > >
> > > just bunzip2 the image, and dd the result to a usb stick that's at
> > > least 512MB.
> > Wow!  It's working!  What is the diffirence between standard CD
> > version and this one?
>
> the difference is that in not using a cdrom, we avoid the issue of
> a missing driver for the sata_nv part.
>
> > > this information should give enough information to yield a patch to
> > > the distribution, and will satisfy gsoc by itself.
> > Do you meen that I can create a driver to my hd as the gosc project?
>
> well, you could propose that, but i don't think you could get a mentor
> really excited about that project since it is (a) uncommon (b) last produced
> many years ago (c) undocumented outside linux drivers.
>
> linux sata drivers can be harder to clone since so much of the work is done
> in a series of generic layers.  and they can take a while to digest.
Do you think that there is a point in trying to solve it? Where should I
start when I would like to fix this issue. Is it easy or rather hard
task? How does the develop process looks like when doing such things?

> i would recommend running from usb on this machine.
Does plan9 suport something like linux tmpfs? because when I boot
the system from the image you have given me I cannot save any file. Does
plan9 support saving the state of live session?

> alternatively, find an ahci add in card.
It's probably a noob question but how can I do this? Is it's controled
by some bios software or it needs some hardware changes?