> so, someone (cinap) does care about the incompatabilities and has addressed
> them.
> i think what you're saying is nobody has gotten this in to the distribution.
> fair point.  why don't you submit a patch?

I ought to, I'm not sure how soon I'll get to it (I'm just a normal
Joe, I also fix problems once and hope they don't come back, instead
of fixing them at source).  I do get your drift and I specifically
decline to get drawn into criticising Bell Labs for being slow in
accepting patches as an excuse for _my_ inertia, even though I think
such criticism is warranted, but not constructive (that also
contributed to JMK dropping off 9fans).

I also don't yet have a working version of 9front and (feeble excuse)
not enough Internet credits to sustain efforts to stay with 9front and
9atom (although I'm sure I could make the additional effort at least
once).

Feeble, indeed, but let's look beyond that at what would be
possible and maybe we can find a way to make it inevitable.

++L