> A68N-5000 motherboard which I'm using it for vesa mode of1400x1050x16 size.
> However, there is /dev/realmodemem, but no /dev/realmode.
>
> My plan9.ini file has monitor=vesa line.
> Strange!
> Why I can have working screen with 1400x1050x16?

The /rc/bin/termrc script does this:

                @{
                        rfork n
                        if(~ $monitor vesa)
                                aux/realemu
                        aux/vga -l $vgasize
                }

so realemu is most likely not running in your namespace.

> 9front-ow...@ttr.inri.net is working?

The correct way to subscribe to the 9front mailing list is to
send a message with a body that just says "subscribe" (no quotes)
to 9front-ow...@9front.org. After subscribing, list messages are
sent to and received from 9fr...@9front.org.

sl