> 2) I had a hard time to figure where were the sources of my
> current kernel. I first thought it was a patched pc kernel,
> and finally used 'find | grep termf' to learn it was a
> nix/k10 kernel. What does k10 means? May I have some hope
> to get a working 9atom Plan9 kernel for this board or should
> I stay with nix ?

nix is integrated as the amd64 kernel of 9atom.  k10 is one
of the generic names amd gave a line of their 64-bit cpus.

if you decide to try 9front, their 64-bit kernel is in
/sys/src/9/pc64.

> 4) Is there any documentation of the build process
> somewhere ? I'd like to know how to build binaries for a
> custom architecture, and such other things.

the bell-labs doc:

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/compiling_kernels

9atom should not be much different, except for location of the
64-bit  kernel you already found.

in a nutshell, building for other architectures is as simple as

cd /sys/src
objtype=$arch mk install

where $arch is one of the top-level directories in /.  not all are
up to date or supported though.  386, amd64, and arm are the
only ones i know of that are updated, but there are compilers
for mips, powerpc, and sparc.

> 5) How should I stay up to date with the 9atom development?
> Is there any sources repository that I can mount or should I
> use the iso ?

9fs atom

and the source will be in /n/atom.

the replica pull script in /usr/glenda/bin/rc works the same
as the bell-labs script except it uses /dist/replica/atom to
update the system.