> Hi all,
>
> I am fighting with configuration of '9pccpuf' server.
>
> I have configured user 'bootes' as a hostowner.
> I have 'listen', 'keyfs' running.
>
> I can 'cpu' such server from another Plan9 terminal ('9pcf') as user
> 'bootes'.
> I can 'srv' such server from another Plan9 terminal ('9pcf') as user
> 'bootes'.
>
> BUT:
>
> server# auth/debug
> p9sk1 key: dom=xxx proto=p9sk1 user=bootes !hex? !password?
>         successfully dialed auth server
>         password for bootes<at>xxx [hit enter to skip test]:
>         cannot decrypt ticket1 from auth server (bad t.num=0x...)
>         auth server and you do not agree on key for bootes<at>xxx
>
> I found that it was already solved in the past...
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.plan9.general/55049
>
> but it looks I have a correct sequence in /rc/bin/cpurc, /cfg/server/cpurc,
> /cfg/server/cpustart...
>
> Any idea what do I have wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Pavel
>
> P.S.: I cannot make 'auth' system to work with another added user... :(

Hi,

I know, auth can be tricky, but it's a long time since I configured
authentication.  Without having further information about your setup I
can only recommend reading this doc:
http://kamalatta.ddnss.de/config/Plan9Tutorial.txt.

It helped me a lot configuring my server.  Just try to find the step
you probably missed.

I hope, that will help you.

stevie

P.S.: I don't know the full background, but connecting as the
hostowner seems to have other prerequisites.