> I'd rather say that p9p software is the source these days.

I wouldn't agree, p9p is a fork, much stuff gets ported both ways,
though some changes may have been missed.

I still use troff and tbl on plan9, occasionally I use eqn, last week
for the first time in ages.

I know there are some bugs but I find it much easier to generate a simple
document in troff than with MS Word, its a metter of what you are used to.

I'am sure latex is capable of genatiing better documents, but i have
never had the need to learn it so I don't use that. Troff is good enough
for what I need.

-Steve