Hi Mats,

Log in (in Plan9, on a terminal machine, that means boot the machine as...) Glenda and run:
cp /adm/timezone/India /adm/timezone/local

This won't bring you too far if you don't have an Ethernet connection to the Internet and set it up correctly. Plan9 has no internal battery and clock. It mus find out what time it is each time it boots.

Cheers,
Dante