> > I see a crash elsewhere now. Tried installation 3 times again and all
> > crashed at different places.
> >
> > One of them is:
> >
> > rc: note: sys: trap: fault write addr=0x7ffffee00000 pc=0x20d790
> > rc 9024: suicide: sys: trap: ...
>
> Perhaps I should add that I tried the 386 install as well and that
> crashed randomly as well.

that's quite wierd.  either (a) we're corrupting memory on a regular
basis, and your machine has an unfortunate memory layout that
gets hit by this issue, or (b) there actually is something special about
your machine.

* is the internal disk presenting an ahci interface?

* have you tried memtest86.  i expect it to pass, but it's always good
to be sure.

* can you point me at a specs page?