> Regarding the boring comment, I agree to some extent. There isn't
> many fancy features that other languages have, but that's exactly the
> advantage of Go, and it's the price to pay when you want readability.
> (i.e. you don't need ~65 pages of style guide just to tell you how to
> write acceptable code.)

This is a plan9 list - so I really don't want to extend the debate
further. Being a simpler language, it means also you can write a style
guide which says "you are free to use the whole language" instead of
the usual C++ recommendations : "use this subset of the language".

BTW, that's what happened with Plan 9's C - they simplified the
language by trimming the preprocessor and forcing few stylistic
choices in syntax (like ANSI C function declarations over K&R function
declarations).

By the same token we can say Go is boring, we can say Plan 9 is
boring: rio does less with a much simpler design than X11, but it
delivers much more - including window recursion and the ability to run
X11 itself. In Plan 9 too, less is exponentially more.

        - CC