On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 10:02:54AM -0700, erik quanstrom wrote:

> the .bashrc lookalike is *not* rcmain. rcmain is the second
> phase of the rc virtual machine bootstrapping itself.
>
> the .bashrc lookalike is $home/lib/profile.
>
> - erik

I don't see any real difference between adding modified versions of my .bashrc
things to rcmain or putting them to $home/lib/profile and editing rcmain to
make it do -l every time rc is launched as an interactive shell. There are a
lot, though. And that may means it will source the file even if I use rc as it
was a scripting language for things that aren't my terminal env.
I just didn't like to wrap rc -l, use win rc -l or launch rc and .
$home/lib/profile (or whatever I would use as alias). So probably I'll use
rcmain in a fashion that would resemble, in part or wholly, .bashrc.

--
Teodoro Santoni

Something is wrong. I don't wanna compile 20 KB of Go code to list files.