On 2 September 2015 at 16:37, Alexander Kapshuk
<alexander.kaps...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 5:01 PM,  <lu...@proxima.alt.za> wrote:
>>> Also there was a discussion on 9fans about it with other
>>> suggestions/solutions.
>>
>>  :-/RE<B3>
>>
>> is what I remember Russ recommending,  It's not perfect, but it does help.
>>
>> Lucio.
>>

> Page 4 of A Tutorial for Sam Command Language, by Rob Pike, suggests
> the following usage:
>>>>
> Just precede the pattern with a minus
> sign, which reverses the direction of the search:
> -/Emacs/
>
> Similarly,
> $-/Emacs/
> finds the last occurrence in the file, so
> 0/Emacs/,$-/Emacs/
> selects the text from the first to last Emacs, inclusive.

I actually know all of what you write, and the question
was meant explicitly differently.
I.e., the suggestions you mention are still far from reciprocal
to a b3-click on any word in the text file.
Copying (or even selecting a whole portion of) a word to get
it into a formula like :-/.../ somewhere is ugly, to say the least.

Thanks anyway!
Ruda