On Wed Sep 30 01:12:36 PDT 2015, charles.fors...@gmail.com wrote:

> On 30 September 2015 at 09:01, Wolfgang Helbig <hel...@mailbox.org> wrote:
>
> > But I consider it ugly, to ask for the disk usage if you just want to
> > recursively list all files.
> >

> It probably is not ideal, even when the circumlocution is hidden in a
> script.
> Perhaps find's syntax and conventions could be improved, though?

9atom has a relative of andrey's find.  it takes very few options.
the -d and -D options are not easily duplicated with du.

; man find

     FIND(1)                                                   FIND(1)

     NAME
          find - recursively list files.

     SYNOPSIS
          find [ -1Ddfq ] dir ...

     DESCRIPTION
          List each argument.  If the argument is a directory recur-
          sively list it's contents.  The default is to list the cur-
          rent directory.  Specifying -d prints only directories, -D
          prints only files, -f supresses warnings, while -q supresses
          quoting the output for rc(1). With -1, mount points will not
          be traversed.

     SOURCE
          /sys/src/cmd/find.c

     SEE ALSO