On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 12:26 AM, Casey Rodarmor <ca...@rodarmor.com> wrote:
> Hi 9 fans,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how namespace inheritance between process groups
> works.
>
> Let's say I have a process A which forks a child process B with the
> RFNAMEG so it receives a copy of A's namespace.
>
> If process A then makes a change to its namespace, will process B see
> that change? Or does B receive a distinct copy that A then can't
> change?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best,
> Casey

Also, whatever the answer is, how can I test this for myself? I was
struggling to come up with a combination of commands, short of writing
some C programs, which would let me have two interactive rc shells
that inherit from one another, since rc doesn't have job control and
new rio windows are in a new process group.