I believe that it is documented somewhere on Russ Cox’s website or on plan9port.

Basically, you can hold down the ctrl or alt keys while clicking/dragging to
simulate the same action with the middle or right mouse button. I think that
chording is possible too by holding down both ctrl and alt at the same time.
Although, I’m not sure how you would do chording with the left and middle or
left and right. Maybe you can use shift in those cases.

I’m wondering if this kind of thing has been discussed before. Perhaps there
are good reasons to keep the functionality out of p9bl or 9front?

Chris