Hello All,

I am looking at the specs for a GPU and was thinking about something analogous
to /dev/draw, but for 3D graphics. Kind of like OpenGL except exposed as a
filesystem so that it is network mountable and programmed in any language (even
rc).

Does anyone know if this kind of thing has been done before for plan 9? Any
relevant papers or documents out there?

My first thought involves representing elements in the graphics pipeline as
files where you can write shader language code. Also a vertex file to write or
read floating point vertex data. Maybe something more abstract would be better
with scene graph and camera controls would be better match for a filesystem
implementation.

Thanks,
Chris