I tried to write an rc script that would make a screen video as an animated
gif. I have something that almost works, but ran into a few
problems/limitations.

* I can’t seem to find a way to have an incrementing loop counter in rc shell
(best I could do is check the size of a growing list variable)
* The gif command barfs when the GIF is any larger than a few megabytes due to
an allocation error
* I couldn’t think of a good way to name the image files so that they can be
sorted into the correct sequence as input to togif

I’ll try banging my head on the solution again tomorrow. I’m hoping that either
it can be a one-liner of rc shell scripting or put into a full utility script
(e.g. recscreen) that anyone could use.

Thanks,
Chris