> Don't you need GHC to compile Idris?

http://docs.idris-lang.org/en/latest/faq/faq.html#when-will-idris-be-self-hosting

I have the posix version of the rts working on 9front. The default C
backend generated code compiled and runs on 9front. I generated the c
code on linux though.

As a next step, I want to take it further and make the rts and backend
work with the 9front native C compiler/linker. I presume that this
will help make it easy to FFI with the native C libraries (bio,
thread, etc.) and stay closer to the plan 9 libraries' behaviour.

> Afaik, there is no Plan 9 port of GHC. And GHC is self hosted. Perhaps
> one should approach it by creating a plan 9 binary from another OS and
> use that to compile GHC?

That is a good idea. Native GHC on 9front seems to be a daunting task
as the GHC IO manager's behaviour might not be compatible with the
9front syscall behaviour, imho. But, I have no clue of the GHC
internals, so, it might be an easy task.

Maybe, ghc can run with the linux-emu package?

Thanks