The namespace join facility looks interesting. Do you have a patch somewhere
for it?

> Of course, a lot of the isolation that per-process namespaces give you
> is suddenly undone by the introduction of this facility.

I'm not sure if the lack of isolation is any different than what can be done
with a child process that shares the namespace. Is there a particular case that
you are thinking?

> At this
> point I'm not entirely convinced that it's worth the trouble.

I think that it can be depending on how much time you have spent building up a
namespace for a process. Perhaps I have spent hours working on something slowly
customizing the namespace mounting and binding things. If I end up running a
long running command that blocks and I want to work in parallel with it then I
must remember everything that I have done and repeat in a new window. It seems
like something the computer should do for me or at least help me to do it.