Hi, while debugging a 9P2000 file server I realized that it's very
easy to hide file or folders in Plan 9: just don't include them in the
Rreads of the parent directory.

Given the protocol, I know I'm stating the obvious, but the effect
still surprises me.

Such files/folder would be accessible to programs knowing their exact
names but not visible to the poor user who ignore them.

I wonder if this can be turned to a security issue.
Eg an invisible pipe named "null" and bound before to /dev could
receive top secret data you wanted to destroy.

Giacomo
PS: knowing a program that use these hidden files, /proc/n/fd would
still reveal their path, but the path could still appear legitimate
like the case of /dev/null.