On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 04:58:35PM -0700, Iruatã Souza wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 12:02 PM, Mark van Atten <vanattenm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 8:13 AM, Mart Zirnask <martzirn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm a part-time writer and radio producer with no CS background, so I
> >> even use this machine for producing 1-hour radio shows for Estonian
> >> Public Broadcasting. (Thank you, Non Daw!: http://non.tuxfamily.org).
> >>
> >> I just love the "zen" of sam (and, occasionally, Acme) as a writing
> >> tool. Also, the idea of "everything is a file" kind of grows on you,
> >> intellectually.
> >
> > I'm a philosopher and use sam and acme every day to write papers
> > in LaTeX.
> >
> > With his KerTeX project, Thierry Laronde has done, and is doing, great
> > work for TeX on Plan 9.
> > It would be great to have LuaTeX as well.
> >

> Did you (or Thierry) tried running LuaTeX? I have "ported" lua ages
> ago to Plan 9 and it was pretty easy, but I know nothing about LuaTex
> internals or the relation between both.

I personnaly have not tried. The main problem are the dependencies. If it
depends
only on C and WEB, it should be easy. If secondary dependencies (like
generating PDF instead of DVI) draw C++ libraries in the way...

FWIW, at the moment I think that, if I put aside the conversion to utf-8
as input (with dir of 256 glyphes fonts), the main lack is the inability
to display the result without depending on gs(1). So I'd like to have,
for the different OSes, a rendering of the DVI. Then extend DVI so that
it supports the primitives needed by MetaPOST (leading to a MetaDVI). And then
a front end for a dvi2x driver.

This does not mean that I exclude LuaTeX per se. I have to see and I
have to find slots of time (and to try to fit a task in the actual slots
so that "something" is finished---I have already several things kerTeX
related started but none finished...).

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/