On Thu, Sep 20, 2018, at 9:25 AM, hiro wrote:
> doing it in plan 9 would be a waste of time.

I don't want to waste anyone's time, but I do remember wishing I could have
different settings for different pointing devices on the same laptop.  At the
time, I had a bunch of Kensington mice which defaulted to some ridiculously
overpowered DPI setting in Linux, FreeBSD, and Plan 9, (but not Windows or
Mac,) but Plan 9 had no way to adjust them separately to the trackpoint.  It
doesn't matter so much now most mice have a DPI button, but per-device settings
could also allow individual devices to be set as ignored.

--
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne. -- Chaucer