I just finished walking thru David's directions in the notes I found on 9legacy

http://9legacy.org/9legacy/doc/gce/notes

Unfortunately, it appears that GCP doesn't allow non-win/linux images.  Got
this error when trying to create an image:

$ gcloud compute images create plan9 --source-uri
gs://superbadmofo-plan9/plan9-gce.tar.gz
ERROR: (gcloud.compute.images.create) Could not fetch resource:
 - The tar archive is not a valid image.

I tried both the 9legacy-gce image and the stock plan9-gce image

Tony

On 3/7/2019 at 4:20 PM, "Skip Tavakkolian" <skip.tavakkol...@gmail.com>
wrote:Plan 9 does run on AWS and GCP.  There are at least two existing images
to start from. Richard Miller created an image for AWS and David du Colombier
created one for GCP.  Check out 9legacy and this list's archive for the
how-to's.