On Tue, Aug 20, 2019, at 2:29 PM, Don A. Bailey wrote:

> Fwiw Plan 9’s code vase has indeed been audited. By me. Several exploitable
> bugs were found including a kernel exploit due to the env driver. I wrote a
> working PoC for it which is somewhere on the internet, but it’s quite old.

My apologies!

> Much of the code hasn’t changed, and, I would suspect, is largely secure.

Good to know. :)

I wonder how many relevant parts have changed in 9front?  There are regular
kernel changes, some of which were made to handle the heavy shell-script load
of running werc sites.  (For a short time, the load on cat-v.org was very
heavy.)

> But you’re talking implementation security versus architectural security. In
> the case of IoT, Plan 9 does exceptional things to close the gaps that
> embedded systems supply its users, but it is nowhere near complete.

I guess I am, and yes, Plan 9 is sadly incomplete in many areas.