> BSDCan is June 3-6 2020.  There's a Postgres conference the week
> before at the same venue, so I'll be in Ottawa from May 25 to June
> 12 (taking some vacation time after BSDCan).  If anyone wants to
> do an informal get-together, let's see what we can work out.

(Off-list response)

..How close to Ottawa are you?  The University of Ottawa may actually
not be a bad venue for holding the "official" iwp9/hackathon.  Or
maybe one of the other Canadian universities, like McGill.

(Universities tend to be relatively cheap, and also sometimes have the
student housing available cheaply over the summer.)