> Thanks!  Unfortunately my MX host only exposes port 587 for relaying
> mail outside of the domain.  I suppose I could update cs to permit
> specifying a port number in ndb for $smtp, but I'm not sure that's any
> better than just specifying the relay host directly in rewrite.

I did some more poking around this evening and I think I've found a
slightly better approach.  Rather than try to embed the service string
in the smtp= entry in ndb, I appended it to the upas/smtp call in
/mail/lib/remotemail.  It's not as clean as I would like, but hey, at
least I'm a member of the net!$smtp club now.

Cheers,
Steve