VNC is great for what it is, and I certainly wouldn’t object to seeing vncs
upgraded, but it is not a replacement for drawterm. It does not expose local
devices in a plan 9 friendly way. In addition to just using drawterm as a
straightforward terminal, an iOS version would be a very good platform for
playing around with exposing other capabilities that the device has to plan 9.
I played around with this a little bit with the original port. VNC buys us none
of this.