one way it will help the bonzai tree grow is in that 9front can soon
escape the old python, that constantly weighs on us just bec. we want
to run hg sometimes.

python keeps on reinventing itself (python3 now has the crappiest
unicode implementation imaginable), and hg keeps on reinventing itself
alongside. so in the long run, unless we are fine to run a very very
outdated version of python and hg, we really need a way out of these
dependencies. git9 now seems to be the best way out that would be
compatible and can keep the commit history alive.

thanks ori.