well... I have a few questions already. I have heard that thorough
scrutiny of dp9ik would be appreciated as Ori said, and hasn't really
been done yet... beyond my capabilities, though. I have explored dp9ik
a little bit, another document about it is this writeup:
http://felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/newticket.txt

a preliminary rough draft roadmap:

figure out better how dp9ik is done on 9front (I've looked at this a
bit, the key exchange is used for chacha20-poly1305 PSK TLS, then a
lot is rc-based, rconnect with tlsclient...)
look at how that's different than 9legacy (libsec additions, etc.
figure out which parts should be different patches)
then make a better roadmap

another question already, though a bit early for it... how are 9legacy
patches generated? on 9front as far as I know everything is in
mercurial and people use hg diff